So, today is November 1. Day #1 of Gratitude Month. Today I am so grateful for my son, RJ. I am grateful for the joy he is in my life. Every day he learns something new and he ALWAYS makes me laugh. There are days that he absolutely drives me crazy and on those days I feel like we are in a constant tug of war against each other.
I always wanted to have a son and I was blessed with RJ. I admit that on the day he was born, I was not filled with an overwhelming sense of love. I hope that does not make me a bad mother, but it is true. I was so drugged and so physically tired that it was all a could do to even look at the little guy let alone hold him. The feeling passed pretty quickly though.
RJ's birth name is Robert James. He has the wonderful opportunity to be named after both his great-grandfathers and uncle on my side of the family. RJ will never know his great-grandfathers or his uncle in this life, but they were all 3 great hard-working men. RJ reminds me every day of my brother, his uncle. Again, he truly his a great joy and blessing in our lives.
Aaawww....great post about your little man! We love him and get a kick out of him too!
ReplyDelete