Thursday, November 18, 2010

Gratitude Day #18

Today I am thankful for my brother. We definitely had a love/hate relationship all through our growing up years, but he truly made my life interesting.

My brother passed away at the age of 24, definitely too young. He had a lot of life to live and I know that he will do wonderful things in the next life. Through our love/hate sibling relationship, I learned a lot about patience, acceptance, anger management, unconditional love towards loved ones, self-confidence, and many other things.

My brother had his bouts with activity/inactivity in the Church. However, these battles had nothing to due with his testimony. He had a very strong testimony of the truthfulness of the Book of Mormon, the Church, Joseph Smith, all of it. His battles with activity stemmed from Church meeting times. MEETING TIMES of all things!!! My brother just did not like waking up in the mornings.

Anyway, in his own way, he was a hard-working, caring person. I miss him greatly, and (again) I am so happy that we are sealed together forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment