Friday, November 12, 2010

Gratitude Day #12

Today I am so thankful that I know how to cook/bake and that I LOVE doing it. I love everything about it (except the mess). I love trying new recipes and experimenting with them to turn them into foods that we LOVE.

I learned how to cook at an early age. My parents were "old-fashioned" in their teaching to us kids. I was taught to sew (unsuccessfully, I might add), to cook, to clean, to garden, to do laundry, etc, etc. Basically, I was taught to do anything to be self-reliant. I am grateful for those lessons, but out of all of those things I was taught, cooking/baking was one thing that stuck with me and I have always loved.

My parents didn't believe in fast food nor could we afford it, so my knowing how to cook became a necessity at an early age when my mom had to return to work full-time. I was often asked to start dinner preparations for the family. Anyway, I just grew to love cooking and have greatly enjoyed it ever since.

No comments:

Post a Comment