Friday, November 5, 2010

Gratitude Day #5

Today I am so thankful for my trials, struggles, and weaknesses. I may not understand why I have them at the time and I probably don't even like them at the time, but I know that they bring me closer to my Heavenly Father and help me learn. I am a stronger person today because of what I been through in the past.

I don't really find it necessary to rehash all my trials, struggles, and weaknesses, so I am really struggling with how to elaborate on this post. I know those who know a little of my past always say they admire me, and they are glad that I am not bitter. I suppose it would be easy to turn away from what I know and be bitter, but then I would have no hope. We are told 2 important things in the scriptures (in my opinion). The first thing we are told is that we have been given our weaknesses to make us humble, and if we humble ourselves before Him, weak things will become strong. We are also told in the scriptures that if we are faithful in keeping the commandments and endure to the end, we will have Eternal Life.

There are may great blessings and promises in the scriptures and in the words from our modern Prophets, but these 2 scriptures truly are my strength. If I were to become bitter, I would throw out both the wonderful promises given in those scriptures.

Remember when trials come upon you, turn towards our Savior, and He will help or comfort you in any way.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so grateful for you! I am grateful for your strong spirit and the example you are to me!

    ReplyDelete