Saturday, August 4, 2012

June 2012

Guess what?!?!?!?! It is August!!!!! And I realized that I never updated our lives for June.  I am now officially behind for June and July :) Not too shabby!
June was actually a relatively peaceful month.  We spent time weeding and watering the garden and cleaning the house.  RJ and I made a day trip up to the Bagley's farm/camp one Saturday so we could shoot guns and hang out. 

RJ did a lot of backyard "swimming" with the neighbor kids.
For Father's Day weekend, we borrowed a friend's suburban and headed up to Yellowstone National Park for the day with the Bagley clan.  It was very enjoyable and lots of fun.  It was only Dale's second time every going up there. 
Towards the end of the month, we had the wonderful and blessed opportunity to head out west to MacKay, ID.  Our very good long time friends, James and Jodi Bair, were out there visiting family, so we took the chance to go visit them.  It was wonderful to get to see them and talk.  James' father had made this barrel train for the kids.  RJ LOVED it and wanted to keep riding in it all evening. Last summer, RJ finally discovered a love for watermelon.  I could NOT resist this picture with the watermelon shoved into his face :)  Also, while out there, James showed us around some of the canyons and camping spots.  Dale and RJ got to hike up to a cave.  I didn't get pictures of this, but the area is GORGEOUS!!!!!

And, that was our June.  It doesn't sound like much probably, but we were sure busy and always on the go.  We are grateful for good friends that kept us entertained and showed us new places to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment