Friday, August 24, 2012

Happy Birthday Mom

On August 24, 1957, the world was blessed with the presence of this wonderful, caring individual, Connie Sue Rupp Haas.  Yes, I am biased.  She IS mom...BUT I am to think that she is a pretty fantastic and incredibly talented individual.  I always try to do a post to honor her on her birthday.  That being said, I do not know if there is that much that I can say today, right now, that I have not said in previous years and posts.  I just LOVE her.  Sure, we had our parent/child disputes and disagreements, but she honestly was one of my best friends.  Everything I am, everything I do, everything I hope to do, and everything I have accomplished can in some form be attributed to this wonderful lady.  Though I am grateful for the lessons that I did learn from her while she lived, I do wish I would have paid more attention and learned so much more from her.
My mom taught me that you can have faith and believe how and what you want to believe without "soap boxing."  She had an incredible and beautiful testimony of the Gospel and the Restoration of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.  She loved to serve and give back to her community and church.  She knew how to work and instilled the importance of hard work into me.  Whatever hobby or talent she had, she willingly and lovingly shared with me to teach me-and she did so without pushing me into something that I did not want to do.  Her purpose was to teach and expand my backgrounds. 
 
On this day, I had the privilege to go to the Idaho Falls Temple of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.  It was purely coincidence that I was able to attend on my mom's birthday, but it truly was an honor.  I can not adequately, properly, or appropriately express my feelings I had today on a public blog, but I am grateful that I was invited by a dear friend to attend today.
 
Happy 55th Birthday Mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment