First, I have to say that due to picture overload, I am going to be posting July in portions.
Ok, so I am really really bad and didn't really take any pictures over the 4th of July and the ones I did take did not turn out too well since it was dark and I only had my cell phone camera.
That being said, we had a blast over the 4th. We decided to go camping with the Bagley clan up at their farm/camp. We only went for 3 days and it rained most of one day, but it was fun. We spent our time relaxing around the fire, talking, going for 4-wheeler rides and going shooting. I even got a wonderful 4 mile hilly dirt road run in. It was awesome.
To celebrate the 4th, we headed up to the hill. From there we could see the fireworks display from Menan, Idaho Falls, and several other "neighborhood" shows. Due to the incredibly dry weather and high risk of fires, the kids were not allowed fireworks. Niki had purchased glow sticks from the DollarStore for all the kids. All the kids had a blast with this glow sticks. They were all very entertaining to watch. We had a the radio on and the kids were dancing and singing. RJ, who is not used to being awake past 830 crawled into the truck bed with his blanket and took a nap.
As a whole, our very first family camping trip was very successful. We hope to make it even more of a tradition.
No comments:
Post a Comment