Saturday, August 4, 2012

July 2012-Oklahoma

Our next stop was technically in Salina, KS for the night, but we always just get a hotel room, go out to eat, and then go to bed.  So, it is not too exciting while there.  The next major stop in our journey is Grove, OK.  Here we visit with the Haas side of the family.  This is the only time-once a year-that we get to see this part of our amazing family.  While we were there, RJ got to celebrate his 2nd 4th birthday party.  His great-aunt Karen and I made some super yummy red velvet cake pops and cookie monster cupcakes.  RJ LOVED his "cake sucker".  
On the Wednesday that we were there, we decided to head up to Springfield, MO to visit Bass Pro Shop.  Below is RJ mimicking the bear.  It was pretty dang cute.  While at Bass Pro Shop, we were able to meet up with some cousins of mom's from the Adams side of the family.  Most all the Adams family is in CO, and Susan and her family sometimes get to make the trek.  However, this year, they were going to be unable to make their CO trip.  I hadn't seen them since 2003.  I felt incredibly blessed to be able to visit with them while we walked around the store.  After Bass Pro Shop, we headed down to Branson, MO and were able to take RJ to The New Shanghai Circus acrobat show. It was his first ever concert/theatrical/performance experience.  We really did not know how he would do, but he did great and liked the "dancers".
Also, while in OK, we spent every morning and evening out on the lake trying to fish.  RJ loved this experience...as you can probably tell from his big smiles.  In the first picture below, he is reeling in a fish.  You can barely see the fish breaking the surface a ways out.  However, what I LOVE LOVE LOVE about this picture is RJ's facial expression.  It is priceless and I am so thrilled I was able to capture it.
This wonderful lady is my Grandmother Marjorie Haas.  She is my father's mother and RJ's great grandmother (obviously).  As far as I am aware, she is the last surviving Moffatt on her family line.  She has been through so much in her life and I greatly respect her and admire her.  More importantly, I am thankful every day that RJ has now gotten to see her and get to know her on these trips over the past 3 years.  He loves his great grandmother dearly.  Health wise, she has given us some scares over the last couple years, so we are grateful she is still a part of our earthly lives.  She now has to use this walker full time for stability purposes.  RJ just thought getting "rides" from his great grandma was the coolest thing ever!
 We greatly enjoyed our visit there and our so very grateful that we have the financial means to make this journey.  We did NOT enjoy the 105 degree weather and 80% humidity days, BUT we loved being able to be there.  As a side note, it made us very appreciative a good working AC. ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment