Wednesday, April 29, 2009

My musings

So, this is totally random. It is more for me than anyone else hince the title of the post. This song is by Alan Jackson and if you are a country music listener, I know you will have heard it already. Every since the song first came out, I have loved loved loved it. If you know anything about my past, you will understand why. Anyway, I can not listen to the song or read the lyrics without getting teary-eyed or at least deeply thoughtful.
If anyone has unexpectedly lost a loved one, I think that you will agree. Anyway, despite my deep beliefs of seeing our loved ones again in the next Life and families being together forever, this song brings me great comfort. So, these are my thoughts and my ramblings. I hope this can bring comfort or meaning to someone else, too (if anyone reads this).

--Sissy's Song by Alan Jackson

Why did she have to go
So young I just don't know why
Things happen half the time
Without reason without rhyme
Lovely, sweet young woman
Daughter, wife and mother
Makes no sense to me
I just have to believe

She flew up to Heaven on the wings of angels
By the clouds and stars and passed where no one sees
And she walks with Jesus and her loved ones waiting
And I know she's smiling saying
Don't worry 'bout me

Loved ones she left behind
Just trying to survive
And understand the why
Feeling so lost inside
Anger shot straight at God
Then asking for His love
Empty with disbelief
Just hoping that maybe

She flew up to Heaven on the wings of angels
By the clouds and stars and passed where no one sees
And she walks with Jesus and her loved ones waiting
And I know she's smiling saying
Don't worry 'bout me

It's hard to say goodbye
Her picture in my mind
Will always be of times I'll cherish
And I won't cry 'cause

She flew up to Heaven on the wings of angels
By the clouds and stars and passed where no one sees
And she walks with jesus and her loved ones waiting
And I know she's smiling saying
Don't worry 'bout me
Don't worry 'bout me
Don`t worry 'bout me

2 comments:

  1. I ♥ ♥ ♥ this song!!! Have you seen the music video? Alan Jackson is amazing but this song is definitely one of my favorites!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also love this song! Great choice. Thanks for sharing it with us! I'm sure it really does mean a great deal to you. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete