For us, January was pretty uneventful and routine. As part of my goals and self-improvement for 2012, I am trying harder to manage time efficiently and effectively and make use of every hour of the day (yes, that does include "constructive" rest time too). Anyway, to some, this type of routine may seem "strict" or rigid, but for us, it has been working SO well! Our house stays cleaner; RJ stays busier and happier; I am busier and happier; and I get SO much more done from sewing to genealogy to cooking, to cleaning, to scrapbooking...I even get to read everyday!
Anyway, I am hoping that we can continue with this routine because it truly does work well for me and RJ. So, here are some random highlights of our "routine" month.
RJ LOVES Thomas the Train! He spends hours a day playing with them and driving them.
RJ also LOVES doing puzzles...again, he will spend HOURS a day just taking them apart and reassembling them.
We were shopping at JoAnn's one day for fabric. RJ got tired. Have you seen those carts there?!?! They are tiny! I couldn't believe he actually managed to fit in it.
We finally got snow...it was about 3 inches, but we will take it. It is the most that we have had all winter. With the snow, we had "warmer" temperatures, so RJ and the neighbor kids bundled up and went out to enjoy it.
RJ has also gotten into the "helpful" stage. He LOVES to help me cook. I was doing potatoes one night and he wanted to try...I figured what the heck? He had so MUCH fun! I am glad I decided to take the extra 15 minutes and let him help.
For Christmas, RJ got these bathtub foam letters and numbers. They have been our bath time life saver! RJ has always struggled with bath time, but now he LOVES taking one because he can play with his letters. Also, in this picture, he is sporting his new haircut.
RJ was finally able to move up to the twin sized bed this month. I really want to find a head board for him, but we will wait. He was SO happy and excited to have a "big boy" bed!
One afternoon, we were playing catch in the stairway...the normal "catch" spot in our house. RJ finally got tired and grabbed the balls and slide down from the top of the stairs to the bottom. It was funny to watch him. This picture does NOT do it justice.So, obviously, RJ had the main attractions of the month. I mostly sewed, scrapbooked, and worked on genealogy. For pictures of my sewing projects, feel free to go here to check it out.
Hope ya'll have a great February!
RJ is growing up so much! Looks like you have been keeping busy and having a good time. :) We have been trying to stick with a stricter time schedule too. It is surprising how much it helps!
ReplyDelete