I saw this and stole it from a friend's blog. It is very touching. You may need to grab some tissues.
I have been thinking a lot about death...both my family's and Ryan's. Don't get me wrong, I think about all of them on a daily (most of the time, minutely) basis, but lately I have been thinking a lot about their actual deaths. This has stemmed mainly from this past Sunday's Sunday School lesson. Our teacher started the lesson off with the question, "If you knew you were going to die, what would you want to tell your children and/or family?" There were many many great and wonderful responses, but they all were based on the phrase if you knew.
I know, from my own experience, that many people do NOT know, so that lead me to think of parents and how they raised me. My entire life (before they died) they were living and setting me up to "survive" after their deaths. I don't know if they KNEW their time on Earth would be short, but looking back, I know that there is not one lesson or conversation that I had with them that was not preparatory for their deaths. So, during Sunday School, I got to thinking about what I would want RJ and Dale to know if I were to die unexpectedly. I wrote 2 whole pages in my journal about it because I know that someday those words will be read by one or both of them. I will not go into the details of what I wrote in my journal, but this video by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints' president, President Thomas S. Monson, hits home and is the best summary that I have ever heard of how I feel.
I am grateful for my beliefs and the knowledge that I have of eternal family. I know that all of us will be reunited again and that this time on Earth is but a short moment.
Thanks for sharing Lisa!
You're welcome! I loved it too. I am not that eloquent with my words so I loved hearing someone else say what I think and feel so well.
ReplyDeleteThank you for sharing that. It was beautiful.
ReplyDelete