Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Interesting Faith thought

So, today I was being lazy (since I was super tired), and I started reading a new book. This book is about a girl who dreams she is with Harriet Tubman on the Underground Railroad helping runaway slaves escape to the North in the 1800s....at least that is what I can tell about the book so far..I am only 10 pages in. I was captivated by this thought on faith, which I found on the very first page. I thought I would just share it. I can't stop thinking about it, and I kinda like the analogy.

"The good Lord places everyone in a "cradle of faith," on the day of their birth. Some days, depending upon the winds--the trials and tribulations a person faces throughout life--the cradle rocks erratically, until it's standing on edge. At that exact moment, you're tightrope walking a fine line that separates the righteous from the unrighteous. You should know that you're being tested, and that as long as you keep your faith in the Lord, the cradle will never tip over. You should never rock your cradle yourself. Always let God do it, because no man has His steady unwavering hand. To rock your cradle yourself, carry your own burdens, meant that you had rejected your faith in Jesus Christ."
~~Rodney R. Pittman, author of The Cradle of Faith
**As a side note, I have to add, I am not recommending the above book for reading to anyone...I haven't read enough of it to know whether it is a good read or even what it is about. It was a free download for me, so that is why I have it. I will let you know if I like it :)

It reminds me of the Footprints in the Sand when the person looks back and only sees one set of footprints, and the person asks the Savior (paraphrasing) why the Savior left them alone during their troubled times. The Savior responds that He would never leave us and there were only one set of footprints because He was carrying us.

I feel that both the above analogy and the Footprints (always has been a personal favorite) fit my life so perfectly. I am so happy that I have the knowledge that Christ is our friend and our helper.

No comments:

Post a Comment