I am trying to be better at posting conversations or things that RJ does that are sweet, important, "new", or that I just want to remember. Yesterday was one of those events.
We were grocery shopping at Sam's and RJ was running along side the cart with me. In the process he was yelling "Hi! Hi!" to everyone that we came across. When we were in the cheese aisle, I started to open the cooler, and he said, "Momma, I do it." So, I stepped aside and let him open the cooler and get the cheese out that I wanted. He then dropped it into the cart.
While we were doing this, an older handicapped gentleman came up in a scooter, and was waiting for us. He told RJ, "My! You're such a good helper!" I replied with a chuckle, "Yes he is; sometimes a bit too much so." Then the gentleman asked RJ, "Would you like to throw one of those bags [cheese] in here for me?" I had to interpret into "RJ speak" for RJ, but he ran back to the cooler, opened the door, grabbed the cheese, and plopped it into the gentleman's scooter. He replied, "Thank you!" with a big smile. To which RJ said, "Your welcome. Bye Bye!"
I think that RJ totally made this older gentleman's day. I, on the other hand, was so proud of my little boy. A few months ago, he would have been so shy and terrified to even look at the man let alone help him. I am grateful for the wonderful little happy person he is turning out to be. I can just pray he continues with the desire to assist, help, and/or serve those around him as he grows.
No comments:
Post a Comment