Monday, October 17, 2011

Special and Unique Experience

Last Sunday, October 9, our stake president and his wife came and pulled us out of Sunday School. They had been concerned about us and how we were dealing with everything. So, we went into President Poston's office and visited the class period away. It was a nice conversation and I enjoyed getting to know them better. During the course of this discussion, President Poston invited us to come back to his office yesterday, Sunday October 16 at 10:30 AM to meet with him and..... Elder Hallstrom. Now, if you don't know, Elder Hallstrom is in the Presidency of the Seventy in our church. I guess he was on assignment with meetings up in the area, and he had asked President Poston to think of a family to invite in. We were the "chosen" ones. Here is his picture from the lds.org website.

In the April 2010 General Conference, he gave a talk titled Turn to the Lord. It is a wonderful talk for anyone that has experienced death or dealt with trials or hardships. Here is a link to the talk. I bring this talk up because I actually remember it from over a year ago AND he referred to it while we were meeting with him.

So, we arrived at President Poston's office yesterday morning not knowing what to expect. He comes and greets us and we enter. This kind, tall gentleman extends his hand and says, "You must be Sister Walker. I am Elder Ronald Hallstrom. It's nice to meet you." Then he turns to another gentleman and says, "This is Elder Chambers who is my companion for the day." I shook Elder Chambers' hand. Then it was repeated for Dale. We all sat down. And the conversation commenced. I am not going to go into details, not that they are private or sacred, but I just don't feel like it. As you can imagine, we discussed Ryan. Let me just say that it was a pleasure, honor, blessing, and privilege to be given the opportunity to meet a General Authority from the Church.

The entire meeting lasted 30 minutes, and then Elder Hallstrom ended by offering a word of prayer. Anyway, sorry I don't feel like sharing the experience, but I wanted to share this wonderful "first" in my life.

2 comments:

  1. that is so cool!!

    Manda&Noah

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is SO neat Jenn. I'm so glad you got to have that experience!

    ReplyDelete