Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Ideas...random post

For quite awhile now, I have been really wanting to look into getting a part-time work from home type of job. I have several reasons for wanting to do this, but above all the others is the need to help support my ever growing list of hobbies. Financially, we are perfectly fine. Sure, we would love to be able to save more, but everyone does. But we make our bills easily and without difficulty. So, ironically, my interest in this is not totally financial. I have just come to realize that my hobbies are expensive...traveling, scrap booking, running, cooking, sewing, reading etc. I would love to be able to contribute to my own hobbies and not always worry about whether I am using "grocery money" or "savings money." The other reason is that I am just plain bored half the time. Yes, there are 1000s of things that I could do. I COULD clean my house every 10 minutes every time RJ makes a mess, etc. But I refuse to do that.

Before Ryan passed, I would find myself with some down time occasionally throughout the day. Now that he is gone, those occasional down times are frequent down times. (I have to disclaim my next sentence or two...I am not perfect.) So, my day is usually like this. Wake up, read scriptures, run or workout, shower, get RJ up and ready, get and eat breakfast for both of us, then nothing. Tuesdays and Thursdays he has preschool so I will make sure that he is ready for that. The other days, I literally putter around trying to come up with things to do. I clean or do dishes or laundry. I try to sit down for an hour a day and work on Genealogy. The bottom line is, I am bored.

So, I have been looking. I am not sure even where to look, but I am looking. I would LOVE it if I found a book keeping type job from home just so I would be somewhat able to use my degree. I know there are several data entry and typing type of jobs, and I know that I could do them. However, I would LOVE to be able to use my degree.

Anyway, currently, I am just puttering. I do Genealogy. I am writing a life history for Ryan. I am writing an insanely long letter/email to a distant friend (literally insanely long...I am on page 9 of single spaced typed right now). I am staying more current then ever on my blogs (sorry to those who read about my recent complaints). I am staying current in my journal writing for the first time since high school. I play random games with RJ. I do do my cleaning and "mom work." I am just bored.

Anyway, if anyone has any ideas about where to look or how to look or if you hear of anything, let me know.

Other random ideas. I have the unquenchable desire right now to make some blankets. I LOVE making blankets. I love sketching the design out and seeing what I can create. I know that I am not good, but I enjoy it. So, I am sitting here waiting for some friends to have out their baby's' genders so I can get busy.

I also have this scrap booking urge too. I want more than anything to get Ryan's scrapbook done and RJ's caught up. None of my pages or layouts are creative, and they all basically resemble themselves. Again, I enjoy working on them and I find it therapeutic and fun. However, this urge is dimmed by my 3-year olds needs. Pictures of Ryan upset him. Last time I tried to scrapbook when RJ was home, he cried for about an hour after he saw me working on Ryan's pictures. So, I have just decided to give him some time and not scrapbook when he is around.

I could go on about how pathetically boring I am right now. But I think that is enough. At least it is off my chest now. Writing always helps me. Hopefully, I will have some fun pictures of RJ again soon so my posts will not be so boring.

No comments:

Post a Comment