Saturday, July 3, 2010

Oklahoma June 2010

So, for the second leg we journeyed across the insanely long states of Nebraska and Kansas to get to our destination in Oklahoma. Unfortunately, due to the timing of events, we were only able to stay with the family 3.5 days. We truly wish that we could have stayed longer, but we enjoyed every minute that we were there. However, we had 2 unpleasant things occur while there. The first of which being RJ came down with bronchitis on the journey there. We had to stop and find a doctor so we could get him drugs. He suffered a horrible runny nose and cough as a side-effect the entire week. The second of event being myself getting sick. To this day, I still have no idea what I had. I have no clue whether it was a cold, a sinus infection, allergies, a spin-off from RJ's sickness. We just don't know. I didn't let it get me down though with the exception of running. I couldn't run. Besides that, I spent every possible waking moment out on the boat with Dale and my uncle. So, we had a very relaxing 3.5 days there. I LOVE the boat. There are WAY too many pictures from this leg of the journey, so I have picked my favorites.


My uncle has a golf cart, and RJ absolutely LOVED the thing.

My aunt Karen and me.

My grandma and me.

We took RJ out on the boat one afternoon. He had fun.

My favorite self picture of us. I captured all 3 of us without even intending to.

A view of the Lake from my Uncle's patio.

Excellent restaurant. They just keep things simple down there.

And what would boating be without a sunburn?

No comments:

Post a Comment