So, I realize that it has been a couple weeks since I have written. I am not sure who if anyone reads this. At one point, I was kinda using this as a journal, but I have even gotten away from that. Anyway, I am heading out to Colorado this week again, so I figured that I should write something before I left. If I don't, then it will be at at least a month before I write again. I must put a disclaimer on this post though. I am stealing the idea from a couple friends and I hope that they don't mind. This post is story...a story of my journey (hopefully brief, but I doubt it) to a more positive and healthy life. I apologize up front for the wordiness of this post and for zero pictures.
As I stated a couple posts ago, I used to be incredibly active. Between work, school, track, caring for my lambs, church functions, etc., I was always on the go. At that time, I probably didn't really eat the healthiest, but I also never really ate out or fast food. So, I didn't eat completely unhealthy either. Anyway, I have never been concerned about weight. I won't even mention any actual numbers in this post. I will suffice it to say that I maintained the same weight from probably sophomore year of high school until 2008 when I became pregnant with RJ. That is a LONG time. I am happy about that, and I contribute it to being ACTIVE. Anyway, even though I maintained weight, I began to be lazy! I started to really not enjoy being me--This is where the story really begins.
As those who know me know, 2006 was a really really rough year. I was still busy so I survived. Then came 2007. We moved here to Idaho. I really really disliked it. I have mentioned this, too, before in a previous post. Anyway, it took me quite awhile to adjust MY attitude and become happy. This was the time that I got LAZY. I would go for walks occasionally, but everyday was the same--wake-up, shower, lay on the couch, watch TV, read, eat lunch, watch TV, read, cook dinner, etc....
2008 comes around. I find out I am pregnant with RJ. I tried to start eating better for him, but I still wasn't as active as should be. He was born and I was sad about the "baby weight" I had gained. I kept telling myself that I would lose it. 2009 comes. I finally buy a size bigger pair of jeans. I am still unhappy about my lack of active but I am 100% happy with my life. I had Dale, RJ, and friends. I just kept telling myself that I would start running or walking or whatever.
2010. January. I FINALLY started to run again. I started out pretty pathetic. I was slow. I couldn't run more than a 1/2 mile without hurting too much or losing air. Yeah, it was a sad sight. Then I pulled a tendon or something in my leg and I couldn't walk let alone run. Then I got sick, so I couldn't breathe. I am not trying to make excuses, but it seemed with what little progress I made, I would fall 10 steps backwards. I got over all that.
February comes. I finally got a little stamina built up while running. I could make 3 miles. I still was incredibly slow though..haha... Anyway, then my knees started to hurt, obviously. I have already put 2 posts about that. Well, I just stuck with it and kept running. Now, both knees have completely stopped hurting. Then just this past week, I got sick again! Are you kidding me?!?! So, again, I couldn't breathe so I couldn't run.
Anyway, I started running again this week (March), and I suck again! I finally hit 2 miles again. I just have had bad luck I guess. Anyway, with my vacation this coming week, I am going to try to get some runs in, but I don't know, so at this point I am just trying to maintain the little stamina that I have built up until I get home. Then I will hit it again.
So, where does this all lead? I know that I will never be fast. I know I will most likely never be able to run far (at least for now). I don't really plan on running marathons. I just want to be ACTIVE and HEALTHY again. For me, that is the most important thing. I know that I am not done having children, so I am not concerned about the numbers. I want to be able to run and play with RJ or go hiking with Dale. I love and miss the active life. I am striving to return to that. The rest of the story is yet to be determined. Though I have not progressed very far, I am HAPPY with the progress that I have made.
So, there ya go. There is my story and the start of my journey. I will try to give updates periodically as I go.
I have never enjoyed running as exercise, but I love fast walking and biking. Maybe it is time to try something new! Have fun in Colorado, we sure miss that place.
ReplyDelete