George Rupp, my great-uncle.
Uncle George was one of the kindest, most open, most loving, most hard-working individuals I have ever met. He was a tease and was loved by everyone who knew him. Not only did he live many years on the ranch, he worked it as well up til the last few years. Never was there a time that he would not greet me with a smile and a hug. In recent years after I moved to Idaho, he would give the smile and hug and then ask, "How's Idaho? Snow up there?"
I will forever cherish my visit with him during his final days on this earth. When while struggling to live, he looks up smiles and says, "Idaho? Snow?" (for clarification, he had suffered a stroke) To interpret those 2 simple words was so EASY for me. I replied, "Idaho is good, and we have no snow." But beyond those words, was the love and knowledge that he RECOGNIZED me. My aunt Barbara said that was a miracle in itself. Six short days later, I visited with him for the last time in this mortal existence, and there was zero recognition. I sat with him and talked. I knew that I would not see him in this life again.
Now, all that being said. I know that I will see him again and I know that he will no longer be suffering. He will be greatly missed by all us family and all his many friends. Visiting the ranch will no longer be the same.
George was born November 6, 1919 and passed away March 17, 2010. He was not quite 90. May he rest in peace.
No comments:
Post a Comment