Like the title? Hehe, I thought it was pretty nifty.
Anyway, it has been a week since I have mentioned my slight knee problem from running. I have decided that I should give a brief update on the situation. Over the last week, I have chosen to follow the advice of 2 good friends (also runners). I have been icing my knees and doing a TON of lunges. At this time, I am happy to report that my right knee does not bother me at all any more...Well, I clarify, my whole right leg burns after I run--but it is the GOOD burn. After stretching and icing, I have no pain in the right. However, the left side is not so great. It usually starts to hurt within the first 1/2 mile or so and remains hurting. I still ice it, stretch, and do TONS of lunges. I am not overly concerned about it. I figure that it will eventually stop like the right side did. Eventually, I will also check out new shoes. I just have to save for those.
Anyway, despite the improvement in the right and no change in the left, I have increased my distance to running 3 miles this week and had a 10 second improvement in my pace. I am very happy by my improvement and most of all I am so happy that I am running!
No comments:
Post a Comment