So, not too much has been going on at the Walker household the last few weeks. RJ is sick for the first time in his young 7 month life. This is surprising considering that Dale and I have both been sick on and off throughout that period. So far, he only has a head cold, so nothing major--just a lot of time spent suctioning his little nose, which he hates. So, due to lack of excitement, I don't have much to blog about. Instead, I am just going to post a "food for thought" moment, thanks to my visiting teachers.
So, my visiting teachers came this past week and instead of sharing the Ensign message, they decided to share a message about prayer. To me, this was truly inspired because it was a wonderful message and what I needed to hear. We discussed accepting people for who they are and how when we pray, we should listen for the promptings from the Spirit about who we should pray for. We discussed how, at times, our prayers can seem redundant, and if we listen to the Spirit's promptings while we pray, this can help avoid the repetitive pattern.
Anyway, like I said, I thought it was truly inspired that we discussed this because I have a hard time with prayer when I feel like I am getting repetitive, so I am striving to listen to and wait for the promptings of Spirit when I pray. Thanks for a wonderful message and visit ladies!
I totally agree with you, those V.T.'s of our sure hit it on the head with the message they gave us. I'm glad things are pretty boring for you, that means no major headaches! We missed you Saturday at the Ward Party!
ReplyDelete