Yup, the title says it all. I was baking again. I fell in love with these cookies while at my grandma's house for Christmas, so I made them myself, and they were just as yummy this time too.
Basic Cream Cheese Cookies
1/2 cup vegetable shortening
3 oz cream cheese
1/3 cup sugar
1 egg yolk
1 1/2 tsp orange or lemon extract
1 1/2 cup sifted flour
1/2 tsp salt
With mixer at medium to high speed, cream shortening and cream cheese until soft. Add sugar gradually, continuing to cream until light and fluffy.
Add egg yolk and extract and beat well.
Sift flour and salt: add in 3 additions, beating well after each addition.
Shape dough into a roll, wrap in plasticc, and refridgerate about 1 hour.
Make small and flatten with glass.
Bake 6-8 minutes at 400 degrees or until just starting to turn light golden around the edges, being careful not to overbake.
When cool, dip into melted chocolate.
Again, I think these are wonderfully yummy. It only makes roughly a dozen. I also did not sift my flour (I know-horrible of me) and I totally missed the refridgerating step. I am not sure if these are necessary steps, but my cookies turned out good without doing them. Sooo, enjoy!
YUM! I love cream cheese ANYTHING.
ReplyDeleteMmmmm...that sounds so good! Especially the dipping them in chocolate part!
ReplyDelete