This past weekend was awesome. On Saturday, March 19, 2012, I finally accomplished one of my "bucket list" goals. I was able to participate in, run, and complete my first ever half marathon!!!! For all the non-running folks, that is 13.1 miles. I am so happy and proud of being able to do this. After having injuries in April, a sinus infection the week leading up to the event, and an ear ache, I feel very blessed to be able to complete this goal. I ran it with 4 others. My friends Kim, Arin, and Karen and then Kim's sister Tamera. We ended up separated from the get-go and I ran the entire thing with Arin and Karen. I am still unable to find my "official" time; I don't think they are posted yet. So, my "unofficial" time was about 2 hours and 6 minutes. It was challenging and hard, but I loved every minute of it.
My original goal during the race, starting out, was to dedicate a mile to someone in my life. The idea was to think of that person for the entire mile and why they were important to me or how they have been significant in my life. In theory, it was a great idea. However, in reality, my thoughts jumped all over. So, my "ideal" blog post talking about 13 special people is not going to happen.
Anyway, here is a picture of Karen, Arin, and I at the finish. Again, an amazing day. I am not sure about ever doing a full marathon, but I for sure want to do more half marathons :)

So glad I got to be a part of this even if we didn't get to run together.
ReplyDelete