Tuesday, May 1, 2012

April 2012

Another month has literally flown by! I can not believe that today is the first of May!!! So here is the monthly update with what little news we had for the month.

First, Easter came. We kept it really simple this year as it was just us. We colored Easter eggs and the Easter bunny came and visited. Rj was able to find and locate all the eggs and candy. There are pictures of RJ doing both those things and then one of him all dressed up snazzy in his suit for church.
Next, came Dale's birthday. Again, pretty low key. My friend Niki owes me desserts galore because I have been making blankets for her kids. So, she made Dale a strawberry yogurt cake. We invited Niki and her family over for cake. Yes, there are only 2 candles. I am too lazy to put all 30+ on the cake...not to mention I think Dale prefers to be "2" not "30+".
Third, our weather for Idaho has been unseasonably warm. RJ and the neighbor kids have spent tons of time outdoors already. There is a picture of them under the trampoline playing in their "fort." It is significant to note that rj takes after his mother and he is not wearing shoes AND he is dirty!!!! For my child, that is huge!
Finally, we get to me. On the 28th, I participated in my very first every race with my friend Kim. It was a local 10k race that the proceeds went to support children's polio. It was a gorgeous day and we had a wonderful run. I am grateful to Kim for deciding last minute to willingly running it with me. The race is a big deal for me because I have never done any "competitive" running before and more importantly, 4 weeks ago, I could barely walk let alone run after I was suddenly "attacked" by piriformis syndrome. So, I am very grateful and happy that I was able to accomplish this goal of mine.

And that was our April....lots of playing, lots of sewing, lots of aching (in my case), and lots of routine "vegging" around passing the days away.

No comments:

Post a Comment