**I tried for almost an hour to upload pictures. It failed. SO no pictures.**
I am slow getting our November post up and going. I just feel that nothing much really happened during the month, so I am stalling posting about our laziness and boringness.
We started out the month by heading up to Niki Bagley's farm and having her take family pictures of us. I could not have asked for a better job from a paid professional, which Dale would never hire. I am so grateful that she is such a wonderful friend and gave freely of her time to do this for us.
The middle of the month was spent mostly with me helping Niki cook and prepare for a couple craft fairs. Most days would find RJ and I at her house baking away. I LOVE working the craft fairs with her. They are always fun and such a neat way to see and talk to so many people.
The next week brought Thanksgiving break with it. We were very blessed to have Dale off for the entire week and even more fortunate to have my wonderful grandmother and aunt fly in to spend part of the week and holiday with us. We had fun doing nothing while they were here. The day after Thanksgiving, I took them to Prepared Pantry and then they helped us set up the Christmas tree.
Finally, the month ended with the celebration of Niki and my father's birthdays. Again, I am very blessed that they have the same birthday...it makes it so much easier for me to remember. We celebrated Niki's birthday by going out to brunch, then to watch Breaking Dawn Part 1, and then concluded with getting ice cream at Coldstone.
Like on my mom's birthday, I decided to request on facebook that people leave comments with their favorite memories of my dad to honor him on his birthday. So here they are. (you can stop reading or scroll down if you don't care)
Kathy Ward: "The coffee crew at Hickory House! ♥ and always on the go!"
Jeri Hale Smith: "Your dad made memories with everything he did. I always did get a kick out of watching him teach the elders to drive a tractor."
Amber Garcia-Groomer: "Him cleaning snow from the Texaco parking lot for my mom every single year. He was a wonderful man."
Kami Poulter Anderson: " he would come over and mow our lawn with Jimmy and talk to us while drinking lemonade! LOVED it!"
Marsha Page-Turley: "He was the first person to teach me how to drive a tractor :) i say first cuz it took a few tries lol I remember him laughing at me when I popped the clutch and screamed haha I also remember him taking care of BKs lawn and how he always had to explain what he was doing and how it helped :) I learned alot from him he was very wise and always had fun stories, that even though they sounded unbelievable were always true lol he and Jimmy both were a huge source of Joy for many :) they r missed....and our lawn at Bk has never been quite as good since!"
James Barr: "He always had a green tractor in every parade. I say green cause John Deere is a four letter word"
Sabrina Duarte: "watching him drive by our house ether waving or stopping to talk to my dad i miss seeing then around, love & miss u jen"
Celeste R. Waters: "My favorite memory is when we would go home and eat breakfast with him at that little diner in Lamar. I also remember eating the cherry crisp with you guys for breakfast."
Kathy Briggs: "All the fun we had with the Boy Scout things.....The campouts, the trips, & even the meetings, never a dull moment when Ken was around
He is truly missed around Lamar."
Kristy Taylor Shumacher: "Boy Scout camps and going out on crews with the newspaper to solicit subscriptions:) My last memory of him...I was getting off a bus there in Lamar to go to court. He was at the bus stop. It was really nice to see a familiar face:)"
Cindy Harris: "Jenn - I didn't know your father but you seem to have lost your parents at a very young age. For that I am deeply, truly sorry. Look what they are missing and you also. Best wishes that your memories and knowledge of the gospel will tide you over until you can one day be reunited with them."
Dannah Attwooll: "....this is sweet. :) I think I have two major memories of him: eating with our family at my house, & outside the temple on your wedding day. :)"
Annette Ciminski: "I love that your dad got Lane talked into doing a tractor pull. He was always so kind and giving to our family. Just loved visiting with him."
Katie Rose: "I loved his smile and how he enjoyed visiting. He was such a hard working man and loved his family so much. It was always fun to hear about his tractors when we were at the house, too."
Betty Reshetnikov: "Sorry for your loss. I didn't know him well, but I do know he loved you."
Kathy Haley: "I always enjoyed your dad bringing Grandpa's (your great-grandpa) old tractor to the family reunions and all his tractor stories."
Violet Lane: "i remember when we used to live across the street from you guys on eleventh street. your dad was always out working on his tractor. He kinda scared me back then. so funny now but i was little then."
James Bair: "I was with your Dad one day and almost got shot as we were looking at old junk. Of course, he talked his way out of it."
Janice Peter: "I remember him talking about how he met your mom, he was in the hospital your mom was working there I think drawing blood? But he said when he saw her he knew that would be the the girl for him. He asked her out and she accepted.... It seems they left to soon but I believe sometimes God gives us gifts of such magnitude, We were never meant to have them long. Hugs to you!"
Cheryl Northrup: "I remember how surprised I was when he said he played the cello-not something I would have expected! Most of my memories are more general, just his good friendship and fun together in scouting."
Jodi Bair: " I remember watching Ken school James and Richard on how to dutch oven the chicken out at the college for the scout fundraiser. Of course there was a heated discussion about who was right, most in good fun. It was so hot that day. The sweat was just dripping off their hats. I also remember how Ken and your mom patiently showed James and Richard how to run the cub scouts. There were some fun times. I also remember how proud he was of his girl who could do about anything he wanted you to do. He was a good man and friend."
James Bair: "I was schooling Richard and Ken. Sister Bair, you got the story wrong."
Brandon Sherwood: "Your dad loved that old truck he bought when I worked for him. Hope things are well."
No comments:
Post a Comment