Last Wednesday, August 24, 2011, would have been my mom's 54th birthday. On facebook, in her memory, I asked for anyone that knew her to share a memory if they wanted to. They were all pretty much similar in content. Now, for the couple of you who read this, you will get to read them because I want them recorded, and some day, I will print this out. So the remainder of this post is dedicated to memories of my mom, Connie Sue Rupp Haas.
Cheryl Hale said, "Jen, I loved your Mom. We worked side by side in Primary for a lot of years. She loved the Primary children and they loved her. Miss her alot."
Mary Ward said, "Gonna spell it wrong but Pazelles!! And the Mom face she would make when Jimmy was...well, being Jimmy :) and usually getting reprimanded for something...her smile...Happy Birthday day Momma Haas :)"
Katie Rose said, "Connie was such a sweet, humble, unselfish person. Even when she was pretty sick, she just kept right on working and serving in the church like there was nothing wrong. I will always cherish the baby blankets she made for me when Abby was born. Happy Birthday Connie Haas! We miss you and love you and your family."
Kathy Ward said, "Her smile, her love for life and her patience ♥"
Kathy Briggs said, "So many memories of your mom. When we worked together at the Daily News, then the Boy Scouts, and all the social things we did together. Friday night dinners at the Main with the Bairs, potlucks, award ceremonies, oh my gosh, I could just keep going on! Miss her, Happy Birthday Connie!!!!"
Brittany Carrigan said, "Ok this is kind of crazy....But I just had a dream last night about one of our Girl Scout meetings at your house. We were playing hide-n-seek outside lol. I just remember that I loved when it was time for meetings there :)"
Jenny Snyder said, "I loved working in primary with your mom too! She was so much fun to work with, such a hard worker. I also loved it when we were in a dinner group together, your mom's cooking was the best. Your mom and you really made us feel at home in Lamar. I will never forget her!"
Jennifer Sorenson said, "Your mom was a great Primary President! She had to be, to deal with all our family."
Lisha Hansen said, "She was one of the first people to welcome us to Lamar. I didn't get to know her well, but she always had a warm smile for my girls."
Pam John said, "She did a wonderful job raising you! wish I could have met her."
Annette Ciminski said, " I love your mom! She was so kind to our family when we first moved to Lamar. She is one of my favorite people to remember. She was really a great strength and help to me after I had a miscarriage. I will never forget how loving she was towards me. She had a great mother's heart. I love the blankets too!"
Hez David Salsbury said, "Favorite memory of yer mom.... the day I gave her flowers and she teared up... never will forget that... oh and her cooking."
I really enjoyed reading all these wonderful memories of my mom and spending the day contemplating my own memories. I greatly appreciate everyone that participated in helping me to keep her memory alive.
That day I ran 5.5 miles. So in my mom's memory, I am dedicating those miles to her. So here are 6 things (rounding my miles up) that I learned and remember from her life.
1) She taught me how to work hard in order to play hard.
2) She taught me how to prioritize what REALLY is important in life.
3) She taught me all the "necessary" homemaking skills such as cooking, cleaning, sewing, baking, etc.
4) She taught me how to serve and fulfill any calling or service opportunity that was presented without complaining.
5) She taught me the importance of finishing what is started. Doesn't matter when you finish, but you finish what you start.
6) She taught me, by example and love, that no matter how hard life may get or how much you struggle, you can bear it and make it through it without complaining. Her suffering ended with her returning Home, but she never once complained or gave-up on her life. She lived it and fulfilled every responsibility she ever had to her very last day in the Earthly life.
No comments:
Post a Comment