Then I drove down to Salt Lake and spent the evening with my friend, Holly. The next day, I flew out of Salt Lake for Des Moines, Iowa. It was a pretty boring day. I had a 3 hour layover in Denver and nothing to do. So, I read some books and people watched. I LOVE watching people. They are very entertaining. Once I landed in Des Moines, I was met at the airport by a long "lost" friend, Isaac. We had an hour to wait so we visited and got reacquainted. After the rest of his family flew in, we all drove down to Osceola where I got to see and visit with the Bair Family. We had dinner and stayed up WAY too late talking. On a side note, James Bair, the wonderful friend that baptized my parents, gave me a Priesthood blessing that night. Forever grateful to him. The next day (Thursday), we all drove to Nauvoo, IL. We had 2 Temple sealings for Aaron and Eric and 2 wedding meals. It was a very busy but great day. That night, Jodi, rented a house for EVERYONE to stay in. I think we had like 10kids and 8 adults or something like that staying there. But there was a pool and we all had fun. Friday, we all drove back to Osceola. I said my good-byes and Isaac drove me back to Des Moines for the airport. I was supposed to have a 3 hour layover again in Denver but my flight was SO late that I ended up with 5 minutes. I stayed that night with Holly again. Then on Saturday, we went and got my hair cut. See the picture.
The very next day (Sunday), Dale, the boys, and I drove back to Utah to attend our nephew's baby blessing. After the blessing we went to a nearby park, had a picnic, and let the boy cousins all play together.
Over the next couple weeks we tried to stay busy and enjoy our time together since we knew that Dale would be heading back to work soon. We went to Yellowstone Bear World and saw the animals. They also have a mini amusement park. RJ LOVED that! We had to bribe him away with ice cream. We also went to the zoo. RJ liked the animals but his favorite part was probably the Lion water fountain. Ryan also went in and got casted for his plagiocephaly helmet. He did really well and only cried at the very end. We have had a leaky faucet in our kitchen ever since we moved in 4 years ago. Dale finally got around to replace it. RJ, of course, had to be the big helper. He even ran downstairs to get his very own wrench out of his tool box. It was really cute watching them.
Our most recent adventure was huckleberry picking with our good friends the Bagleys and the Bowles. We left in the morning and spent about 4 hours picking berries, then a couple hours shooting guns, and the remainder of the evening roasting hot dogs and letting all the kids play. They ALL had SO much fun and so did the parents. RJ got to shoot his first rifle...my .22 long rifle. He LOVED it. He is definitely his momma's son :)
This week Dale had to officially go back to work. The boys and I are settling into a routine together. I am sure we will miss Dale being at home, but I am happy that we have a routine again.
That has been our month so far. We have a couple more small outings planned for the remainder of the month, but not too much.
No comments:
Post a Comment