Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Lake, Life Jackets, & Helmets

When I wrote my August 2011 post, I mentioned there would be a couple more things to include before the end of the month. Well, one of them is our day at Rigby Lake. For the past couple years, our friend Niki has organized a Back to School Day at the Lake Party and invites everyone to come. This year it was on August 25, 2011, and we had a small turnout. The weather started out crappy...there were storms in the morning. It ended up being a GORGEOUS day and we had a great time. Last year, RJ refused to get in the water unless I was holding him. Well, this year, he is 40 pounds without a life jacket. I refuse to hold him anymore (unless we cuddle). So, I found this really cute turtle raft. RJ happily spent most of the day riding around on the raft. He was happy as long as someone was pulling or pushing him....Until he fell off. He lost his balance and fell into the water head first. Let me tell you. This momma is VERY grateful for life jackets. I was only about an arm's distance away when he fell, but even though he got a mouth full a water and the jeebies scared out of him, he floated right back to the top. Ryan absolutely LOVED the water. I am so HAPPY that I have a water baby finally. Anyway, it was a very good and fun day.


The final thing for the month of August was getting Ryan's helmet in and fitted on his head. We went in for the fitting on August 29, so we have only had it a couple days. It has been a rough couple days. RJ never minded his. Ryan has been fighting. I really really am praying that he adjusts quickly. I would love to have my happy baby back. Here is the picture of Marvin the Martian III (RJ was Marvin Jr.).
And for laughs, here is a little comparative photo. Left and right are Ryan. Center is RJ when he got his helmet. RJ was almost 7 months old. Ryan is 5 months old. Brothers for sure, right?

And every time we get a helmet, I have to add one of my favorite cartoon character's pictures. I just think the similarities between this guy and my boys are too close ;).

No comments:

Post a Comment