Ryan Kenneth Walker is HERE!!!! He took us by surprise and decided to bless our lives 2.5 weeks early. He arrived on Monday, March 28, 2011 at Madison Memorial Hospital in Rexburg. He weighed almost an even 7 pounds and was about 20 inches long.
Well, THEN things started to HURT. By this time it was about 330 or 4 PM. I walked out to get the mail and noticed that our stupid mail people didn't pick up our outgoing letters, which actually happened to be essential to be in Monday's nights outgoing mail. So, I got RJ up from his nap and we went to town to put the letters in the mail drop. On the way home, I stopped by Niki's house to pick some stuff up from her. By this time it is about 5 PM. We get home. Dale gets home. I am in PAIN. Serious cramping and contractions. I am just laying on the couch. I told Dale that if he wanted dinner there was burger on the counter. He could make hamburgers or sloppy joes. Anyway, I started pacing the house because it helped with the pain. By 6 PM (ish), I noticed I was spotting. I called Niki to see if we could drop RJ off. We headed to the hospital. I called my doctor to tell him I was in pain and spotting. We got there about 630 PM. The Labor unit put me in an exam room. My water broke at 640 PM, a midwife/nurse checked me and I was dilated to 9 cm. They moved me to a delivery room. My doctor got there about 10 minutes later. Ryan arrived at 740 ish PM.
So, that is the entire story. I now know what it is like to have a baby with an epidural and without an epidural. I have to say-pain aside- there are definite pros and cons to both.
No comments:
Post a Comment