So I am one of these people that gets really excited about things and then get really disappointed and bummed if things don't work out. So for the last 3 months, I have been planning our Christmas trip. Well, of course today we wake up and find out that all the roads are either bad or closed. So we couldn't leave. Major disappointment!! I spent most of the morning agitated and grumpy. Finally shortly before noon, I decided to head to the store to buy stocking stuffers for RJ and more groceries for our Christmas dinner tomorrow. I returned home and we had our lunch. Shortly after lunch, I received a text message from a dear friend that totally changed my outlook on my day.
I will not share the text message with the world, but she had received bad news and my heart filled with compassion and sympathy towards this friend. I was sitting at home moping about a trivial problem, and her family was definitely facing worse. Though I have not yet been able to do anything, except pray, for this friend, I immediately forgot my problem and started pondering on a way that I could help this friend. My day was immediately better. I know this friend will eventually read this, and I hope that she knows my love for her and her family.
Christmas is truly the season for giving and rejoicing in the birth of our Savior, Jesus Christ. Though my day has not been as planned, I can now realize that I am truly blessed. I am so grateful that I have my husband and my son who love me unconditionally. I am even more grateful that I have a Father in Heaven who loves me no matter what my faults are. I am truly grateful that I can celebrate Christmas with my family (though not the way we intended).
I took RJ a couple weeks ago to visit Santa. He did not scream though he did not smile. Below is the picture.
I would like to wish you all a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
Thanks for this heartfelt entry Jennifer. A good reminder for us all to put things into perspective. I'm sorry your plans had to change, but I hope you had a good Christmas after all. Love all the pics. Happy New Year!
ReplyDelete