Yes, it is true. RJ is now 10 months old. I can not believe that he is now closer to the 1 year mark than the 0 month mark. It seems that the last 10 months have just flown by too fast. Here are the only pictures I got of the boy this past month...I was lazy and didn't take too many.
RJ sitting outside
RJ eating mixing bowl (He had pulled it out of the cupboard).
So, not too much eventful has happened the last couple weeks. RJ and I have just been entertaining ourselves in our own ways. I either go outside and pull weeds or scrapbook. RJ usually just creeps around or runs around--in the walker--pulling things out of drawers or off shelves. He has so much fun. Dale has been busy with the end of the school year stuff. We are both so excited that he gets done this Thursday!!
As for an update of RJ's helmet therapy--he is doing great! We went to this his orthotist today and had measurements taken. For the last month, there was an additional -2mm of improvement. So, in the last 3 months since we started the process, his head has had a total of -8mm of improvement for a total reading of 10mm on the assymmetric index. Technically, we are still in the "moderate-severe" category, but that is way better than "severely-severe" (for lack of better terms). Needless to say, I am very pleased with the results.Since my last post was venting frustration with my stupid phone and the weather, here is in an update in that arena of my life. The phone is still being stupid. However, it has decided to work for this week at least. I think that it decides to work only when it is plugged into the wall, which is still frustrating because it is a "mobile" phone. Anyway, we should be going on Friday or Saturday this week to get new ones because Dale has broken his too...(his still works fine though). As for now, my only frustration with the weather is the lack of rain. Anyone who has seen my yard can understand this--We need rain!! Besides that, I have enjoyed the beautiful spring weather and getting out and walking in it.
I guess the final update would be our church callings. Dale and I were released this past Sunday as the CTR 5 teachers and we were called as the Webelos leaders in the Cub Scouts. This event comes with mixed feelings for us. I have been a CTR 5 teacher for almost 7 years and I absolutely love the little 4 and 5 year olds. I am comfortable there, and I am going to miss it greatly. Dale on the other hand has never worked with younger kids--never babysat, etc--so our CTR 5 calling was harder for him though he loved it, too. He, therefore, is really excited to be in the Scouts and work with the 10 and 11 year olds. I, on the other hand, am scared to death. I haven't been this nervous in forever...I guess time will tell. I suppose it is good that I am finally getting a break from the CTR 5s...or is it?
Yah for RJ! I'm so glad his head is moving right along. I know that whatever calling you have you'll be awsome at.....even if you're like a fish out of water for a little while. ;)
ReplyDelete