January started off with Dale and RJ heading back to school. Both were excited to get back. It was an interesting month as far as weather and school goes. We started what your valley is starting to call "bad weather Mondays". This all started on January 14...a Monday. All the schools in the area cancelled for a "cold day". We were like -22 or something without windchill. The following week nothing happened. The next week, January 28...also a Monday, all the schools were cancelled again for a "snow day". We woke to about 18 inches of completely unexpected snow. I personally think that the only reason that we got that much and that school was cancelled was because there was absolutely NO snow in the forecast :). Anyway, then today, all the schools were on a 2 hour delay, except preschool, for an "ice delay". It is beginning to be a joke in our house that every other week we can all sleep in. Anyway, both Dale and RJ have had a great and very routine month school. Both RJ's preschool teacher and his primary teachers at church have said that he is making leaps and bounds in communication and talking. We are pleased about this...however, we think that the "Ken Haas gene" is becoming more dominant....At this point, I am not sure if the boy is ever going to know when NOT to talk. Mid January Dale started more of his re-certification credit classes on Thursday nights. And he is "officially" recertified to teach in Idaho now for another 5 years...We received his certificate from the state last week. However, when we got the certificate, he realized that he forgot to submit the recertification documents to the state of Wyoming, so he is now no longer certified in both states. I guess that is a good thing that we have more or less decided Idaho is home.

I kept busy in January with mostly young women stuff for the youth at church. I also decided that it was time to declutter some things again. I focused more on the 2 storage rooms. Anyway, I have more stuff to go to Goodwill/Deseret Industries now. I actually had a pretty uneventful month. I was confined to home for exercise and running because I am absolutely a weakling when it comes to running in -20 degree weather...It just isn't going to happen. So RJ and I spent alot of time inside. I read alot and RJ played with trains alot. Since we were confined indoors alot, RJ got to paint some and help me bake cookies alot. There are pictures of both. I also finished sewing a play teepee for RJ. He loves it! There is a picture (blurry) of him playing in it and then one with him and his cousin Alex playing in it. The end of the month, I had the opportunity to go Ice Skating with the young women from church. It was only my second time ever ice skating and my first time ever on an outdoor/homemade rink. It was awesome. There is a very blurry picture of me...The gloves are my running gloves and yes, they reflect (totally awesome).


I kept busy in January with mostly young women stuff for the youth at church. I also decided that it was time to declutter some things again. I focused more on the 2 storage rooms. Anyway, I have more stuff to go to Goodwill/Deseret Industries now. I actually had a pretty uneventful month. I was confined to home for exercise and running because I am absolutely a weakling when it comes to running in -20 degree weather...It just isn't going to happen. So RJ and I spent alot of time inside. I read alot and RJ played with trains alot. Since we were confined indoors alot, RJ got to paint some and help me bake cookies alot. There are pictures of both. I also finished sewing a play teepee for RJ. He loves it! There is a picture (blurry) of him playing in it and then one with him and his cousin Alex playing in it. The end of the month, I had the opportunity to go Ice Skating with the young women from church. It was only my second time ever ice skating and my first time ever on an outdoor/homemade rink. It was awesome. There is a very blurry picture of me...The gloves are my running gloves and yes, they reflect (totally awesome).


The most exciting thing of the month happened the last weekend. We were able to have Dale's brother, his wife, and their son come and visit us. RJ and Alex were pretty great little friends and didn't fight too much :) Dale and his brother were able to have a lot of quality time together with the boys while Amanda and I went to Salt Lake for the George Strait/Martina McBride concert. It was Amanda's first ever concert and well....I don't know how many that made for me, BUT it was a BLAST!!!!!!! It was by far the best concert I have ever been to. I am so sad that George is retiring but I am so excited that we got to see him on his final tour. We had a great time and it will be a "sisters" weekend that we both remember :) There are a couple random pictures of them (the boys) playing together. The two pictures that have me and then me and Amanda are when we were at the concert. It may seem like "tiny" George is tiny and a long way back, but really we were only like 12 rows back from the stage for those pictures. It was totally great :) Oh and I have 100s of pictures if anyone ever wants to see them...




No comments:
Post a Comment