Everyone knows that I LOVE running. It is a great way to stay in shape, shed some pounds, and improve overall fitness-when one is smart about it. It is also one of the easiest ways to get hurt and injured when one is not smart about running. All that being said, I was injured BUT not while running. I honestly do not know how I was injured. I went to bed fine last Thursday night and woke up Friday morning unable to walk.
So, my entire week my routine has been thrown off. Despite all the fitness benefits of running, this last week of NOT being able to run has taught me or reinforced to me how much I DEPEND on running for my sanity. I do not expect anyone who reads this to have the same reaction, feelings, or even understanding, BUT I literally have been going insane without my running and workout routine. Yesterday was a low point. I was SO emotional and depressed. It may be crazy, but I KNOW without a doubt that it is because I can not exercise.
Bottom line of this post is that I am just ranting and taking out my frustrations of not being able to run on the blog and any of the few that happen to read it. I knew I loved and enjoyed running, but I never realized until this week how much I mentally depend on running or my workouts to keep my sanity. I need that hour of "alone" time to beat/pound out my frustrations or to think about issues or to clear my head. Whether it is true or not, the ongoing debate of exercise increasing endorphins which increase happiness, has taken on significant meaning this past week to me. Maybe someday the research will be finished and they will finally reach of decisive conclusion, but for me, based on the "results" of this past week, I NEED exercise to be sane and happy...I think I have an addiction problem (haha).
On a good note, I finally was able to buy new running shoes, so if I ever get over this injury, I am so excited to have happy feet again!
No comments:
Post a Comment