Thursday, December 30, 2010

Gratitude Day #30

I know! I am WAY late on this one. Exactly one month. I just ended up so sick the last week of November and first week of December that I didn't do too much.

I don't remember what my Gratitude Day #30 was exactly, but I chose to honor my dad. On November 30, 1951, my father was born in Coldwater, KS. So in his honor and memory, I chose to state my thankfulness for him on his birthday. I am thankful for the love and support he gave me throughout my life. I am grateful for all the lessons and life experiences he taught me. Most importantly he taught me how to work, even if a little too hard.
My dad probably was one of the hardest working people I ever knew. He worked 3 jobs, one of which he absolutely hated-just so we could have health/dental insurance. Some might say that he worked his life away, but working was his life. He was happy when he working. He taught me life lessons--lessons that most "girls" aren't taught because they are girls. Some of these lessons included changing a tire, changing oil, pulling an engine, restoring cars/tractors, doing body/repair work. some plumbing, some carpentary, etc. The list can go on. I do not claim to be an expert on any of these things, but the minimal skills I have learned, have helped me greatly in my life.There are stories that can be told. I could make this post forever long, but suffice it to say, I love and miss my father despite the many differences we had in our life.
(Yes, I have more recent pics of him, but I figure I am late enough on this post. I didn't want to try to find them.)

No comments:

Post a Comment