Monday, June 7, 2010

Interesting experience

Ok, so as many of you know, we left on vacation this past Friday. Well, I had every intention of getting up and getting a run done nice and early before we left town. It was one of those things that all day Thursday I prepped myself for... Until Thursday night.

Thursday night Dale's department from school decided to go out to Famous Dave's to celebrate the end of the school year. Well, we get there and there is an hour wait. If it would have been Dale and I, we would have eaten somewhere else. But they all decided to wait. So we finally got a table at 8 and our food by 9. We made it home at 1030. Well, by the time the boy got to bed and we got stuff done and to bed it was midnight. So, when 6 AM came around and it was time to run, I was STINKIN tired!!!!

So here is where it gets interesting. I got up and proceeded with my morning rituals (I will spare the world the details). All the while, I just had this feeling that 2 miles was going to be my max for the day. It was a feeling that I just could not shake. Talk about kinda depressing. Anyway, I go to get on the treadmill and I remembered my FAV running shoes are packed. So, I settled for a different pair. I started to run. My left calf really REALLY started to hurt. I continued to run. My sinuses started to drain. Etc... the list could go on.

Anyway, I kept going. At 1.5 miles, I had the feeling again that I was only going to hit 2 miles. 2 miles came. I stopped. I began my walking cool down. About 2.3 miles in (so, .3 of walking), my treadmill glitches. I don't know if it was a power blip or what, but for half a second or less I lost power. It was really freaky. It happened long enough for the belt to slow enough to jar my knee and then it kept going.

Totally weird. So to tie everything together. I believe that if I still would have been running at 2.3 miles, the treadmill would have stopped enough to completely throw me off. I know with the graceful demeanor that I possess, I would have been injured. So, all my feelings about running 2 miles paid off. I am glad I followed them.

Side note--vacation is great!!! More to come later!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, that is kinda freaky! And cool at the same time! It's a good thing that you listen to your promptings! I hope you are having a great time...see ya soon!

    ReplyDelete