Saturday, May 22, 2010

Prayers are Answered

So, I know that may sound like kind of a silly blog title. I mean, we are always taught that Heavenly Father hears all of our prayers and He answers all of them in His own time and His own way. I have always believed that and will always believe it. However, I often struggle with this. Either I feel I don't receive answers or I am too caught up with my own life to recognize the answers. Despite this, I know there are prayers of mine that without a doubt have been answered. All that being said gives a proper background for this post.

So, lately I have been having a lot of personal struggles. I don't really feel like going into details because I am too personal for that. Some people may know me well enough to know that I have been struggling while others may not have any idea. Either way, I apologize for not disclosing any more information. Anyway, in my usual selfish way, I take my struggles to prayer last. (I know, that is backwards, but I have already admitted that I have prayer issues.) So, finally after probably about nearly a month of trying to handle my struggles on my own, I decided to pray about it.

Again, without going into details, last week, I got that wonderful warm fuzzy tingly feeling all over me. I knew, right then, without any doubt that my Father in Heaven had heard my prayer; that He is mindful of my needs and struggles; and He is answering my prayer and helping me. I have remembered and kept that feeling with me throughout my last week. It has HELPED so much just knowing that He is aware of me.

I am not saying that my issues are resolved, but they have been made manageable. So, if during the week, there is a day that is particularly hard, I remember that wonderful feeling, and I try harder to take the matter to my Heavenly Father sooner. Again, sorry that I have been vague, but I just had to share.

2 comments:

  1. I am with you. I find that prayer is my last resort when it should be my first line of defense. Why do we do that to ourselves? Stupid Natural Man.

    ReplyDelete
  2. (((HUGS))) I'm glad your getting that affirmation that you need! Keep it up! He is always there guiding you and helping you along....and so am I! Whenever you need me!

    ReplyDelete