Lately I have been on a quest for a yummy but easy cinnamon roll recipe. I think that I have finally found it. This one can be done in the kitchen aid, food processor, or the bread machine. Talk about easy! So, yesterday, I tried out this recipe, and it is the best one that I have been able to make lately. I just had to share it.
Cinnamon Rolls
1 C milk, heated for 1 minute in microwave
1/4 C water (110 degrees F)
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 C butter, warmed to room temperature
2 eggs, room temperature
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 C sugar
5 C flour
3 tsp yeast
If using a kitchen aid, add ingredients, one at a time, in the order listed above. Mix with the dough hook until still dough forms. Once dough is formed, turn onto a lightly oiled surface. (I sprayed my counter with PAM.) Knead about 10 minutes or until dough is like elastic. (I only kneaded mine for 5 minutes). Cover and let rest for 10 minutes.
**If using a bread machine, add ingredients, one at a time, in order listed above to the bread machine pan. Use the dough setting on your bread machine. Turn onto a lightly oiled surface and knead a couple times. Cover and let rest for 10 minutes.
***Rest of the steps are the same...Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Roll dough into a rectangle or 2 rectangles if you want an easier amount of dough to work with.
Cover with your filling. (see below)
Roll dough, starting with long end, into a log. Pinch edge down to seal.
Cut with knife or unwaxed/unflavored dental floss into 1'' or 1 1/2'' pieces.
Place in a Pan. (The rolls do not have to touch the edges or each other).
Cover and let rise about 1 hour or until the rolls have doubled in size or are touching each other.
Bake about 20 to 25 minutes, or until desired brown.
Let cool about 15 to 20 min. Frost. (see below)
Filling (sorry I don't measure these)
Spread/brush melted butter across rectangle.
Cover with brown sugar (as much as you like).
Sprinkle cinnamon on (as much as you like).
Add nuts, raisins, chocolate chips (all optional and as much as you like).
Frosting (I use cream cheese frosting, but you can use whatever you prefer)
3 oz cream cheese, softened
1/4 C butter, softened
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/8 tsp salt
1 1/2 C powdered sugar
Mix all ingredients together until smooth. If too runny, add more powdered sugar. If too solid, add a bit of water. All depends on your preference. Frost somewhat warm rolls.
Enjoy!
So, I know that there seems to be a ton of steps, but it is totally easy, and I think that they are great!
I was going to attach a photo of the sweet goodness, but I can't find my camera cord. Sorry.
I am glad to find your blog. I had no idea you had a baby, congratulations!
ReplyDeleteYUM is right! I have Katie Rose's recipe if you ever want it. It is simple too, but has pudding in the dough to make it even better!
ReplyDelete