Tuesday, September 18, 2012
Beautiful Heartbreak
This is almost a follow-up post to my post titled "Food for Thought-Faith." This is a very inspirational and uplifting song. The music video features the woman that was burned in the plane crash that I mentioned in the above post as well as other individuals who have overcome struggles and trials.
Here are the lyrics is to the song. I find that even by reading the words they are just as powerful as Hillary Weeks' voice singing them.
I had it all mapped out in front of me,
Knew just where I wanted to go;
But life decided to change my plans,
And I found a mountain in the middle of my road.
I knew there was no way over it,
So I searched for a way around;
Brokenhearted I started climbin',
And at the top I found...
Every fear, every doubt,
All the pain I went through;
Was the price that I paid to see this view;
And now that I'm here I would never trade...
The grace that I feel,
And the faith that I find;
Through the bitter-sweet tears,
And the sleepless nights;
I used to pray he'd take it all away,
But instead it became a beautiful heartbreak.
I never dreamed my heart would make it,
I thought about turning around;
But heaven has shown me miracles,
I never would have seen from the ground.
Now I take the rain with the sunshine,
Cause there's one thing that I know;
He picks up the pieces,
Along each broken road.
Every fear, every doubt,
All the pain I went through;
Was the price that I paid to see this view;
And now that I'm here I would never trade...
The grace that I feel,
And the faith that I find;
Through the bitter-sweet tears,
And the sleepless nights.
I used to pray he'd take it all away,
But instead it became a beautiful heartbreak.
I would never trade...
The grace that I feel,
And the faith that I find;
Through the bitter-sweet tears,
And the sleepless nights.
I used to pray he'd take it all away,
But instead it became a beautiful heartbreak.
I have been listening to this song a lot the past few days as I have thought about the "mountains" in my life that have encountered in my road. I think my road can be compared to the Rocky Mountains or a roller coaster. I feel that I reach the peak of each mountain and get to realize the view and the blessings and then I get to start all over. I am not complaining. I know there are others that have trials and struggles way beyond what I have been asked to bear. I only hope that each time I climb a mountain, I am learning what Heavenly Father wants me learn.
Today is the anniversary of the death of our baby boy, Ryan. Not once in the last year have I asked why we have had to go through this loss and pain or why Ryan was needed on the Other Side. I have spent most of the last year trying to learn and grow. I am not sure if I have learned all the lessons that Heavenly Father has wanted me to, but I can pray and hope that my faith has been strengthened and that I have come to lean and rely more on my Savior for help, strength, comfort, and peace.
Though I miss my angel terribly and I pray that I never have to experience this type of loss again, "I would never trade, The grace that I feel and the faith that I find through the bitter-sweet tears and the sleepless nights." I would much rather have Ryan here with us on the earth but I am very grateful for the peace and comfort that comes from knowing we are still family and NOTHING can change that.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I LOVE that song! It really is one of my absolute favorites. I love that it reminds us that despite the trials and adversities we face we can be strengthened and comforted when we have the right attitude and perspective and we can learn and grow so much. I appreciate you sharing your thoughts and testimony, it is hard to do sometimes, but I am grateful to be strengthened by your example.
ReplyDelete