Saturday, January 15, 2011

Resolution 2011

I am the first one to admit that I hate setting goals or resolutions. I understand that setting goals or having goals is important. I have set and kept several of my goals over the years, and I am so thankful that I have. However, I find that as I get older, it is harder for me to keep the goals that I have set, and that just makes me mad. Anyway, so I just find myself setting easier goals or fewer of them.

So for 2011, I have one goal or resolution. This year my goal is to draw closer to Christ. I would add plain and simple after that, but I know who I am. This one goal will be one of the hardest that I have ever set for myself.
Though it is only "one" goal, I have to be able to change my life and overcome the struggles that I have always dealt with. For example, I struggle with praying. I know-something simple, but I always try to solve my problems by myself, and then WHEN that doesn't work, I turn to prayer. This has always been my nature, and I always tell myself that I have learned my lesson, but I still struggle with turning to prayer first. So, that is just one example of what I have to work on changing. Another one includes attending the Temple more--a HUGE challenge and I live within 15 minutes of 2 temples.

Now the question of why. As I have mentioned in some other blogs, I have some personal struggles going on in my life that I do not wish to share. For the past few months, there have been several talks in church, in the ensign, etc. about turning our lives toward Christ and learning and KNOWING Christ. In the process of listening and reading these talks and lessons, I have strongly felt impressed that if I can strive to do this, I will either find solutions to my struggles or find peace in dealing with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment