Tuesday, July 28, 2009

The BIG 1!

On July 24, our boy turned 1!!! I can't believe that it has been a year and that the past year has flown by already! I have no idea where the time as gone! We had a great day celebrating RJ's birthday. We had a picnic and photo session at the park followed by a nap...The guest of honor definitely needed a rest. When he woke up we had an enchilada supper--RJ's favorite--followed by birthday cake and presents. RJ really had no idea what was going on, but we had a fabulous day!

Yesterday, we went to his pediatrician for a check-up. RJ now weighs 23 lbs 9 oz (the 66th percentile) and is 32.3 inches long (the 99th percentile). The doctor said that RJ is what they classify as a "well" baby. I thought that was funny.

Anyway, I am having camera problems again. I only have 3 photos that I managed to take with my phone for now. I will post more of RJ's special day in a week or so when I finally get the others.

Cake before I decorated.

Cake after I decorated it...My first attempt ever!

RJ throwing his cake pieces on the floor.

2 comments:

  1. Cute cake! Good job! Unfortunately, before you know it he'll be 2 and then 3. It never slows down!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job on the cake! It turned out so cute! Sounds like you guys had a great time.

    ReplyDelete